Reaper is a powerful Windows application for multitrack recording and editing of audio.
* Uber-powerful routing of audio--functions as an entire virtual studio with patchbays, enabling all sorts of effects not possible anywhere else!
* FAST installation and execution, portable software that supports running from USB-key or other removable media
* Integrated network FX processing (use spare machines for additional processing power)
* Supports reading/writing most media formats on the fly, including WAV, AIFF, OGG, FLAC, Monkey's Audio (APE), WavPack, and more!
* Great editing features (auto-crossfades, ripple editing, arbitrary item grouping)
* Tons of built-in FX, user editable FX, support for third party plug-ins
* midi editor quantize now has optional realtime preview
* swing control in midi editor quantize and input quantize
* quantize boxes now have a slider for strength control
* MIDI Input Quantize config box is now "Track Record Configuration"
* per-track record format override (in new track record configuration dialog)
* added action for recording settings of last touched track
* save as box can set the output file type in "trim" mode
* separately configurable project format for apply fx/open copy etc
* fixed post-fx sends on loop with pdc'd plugins on the sending track (i.e. Addictive Drums)
* stability and performance improvements when rapidly seeking/changing loop state
* ReaDelay: fixed preset switching bug
* ReaVocode: added modulation dryness setting